Fan Filter Unit
What is Fan Filter Unit?
A Fan Filter Unit (FFU) is a motorised unit, which helps in the air filtering process and provides clean, filtered air to a cleanroom. Fan filter unit is a flexible and economic solution, which provides purified or filtered air to clean rooms, laboratories, manufacturing units, medical facilities and much more by removing harmful particles present in the air.
FFU or Fan Filter Unit comes integrated with HEPA filters or ULPA filters, fan and control systems. Air is supplied using the fan, through a pre-filter and then via the integrated HEPA or ULPA filters. This process helps in filtering the air of any airborne particles or sub-micron particles, which ensures that pure and filtered air is supplied in the clean room.
The FFU unit is usually installed within the system’s ceiling or floor grid and creates a positive room pressure. Not only this, Fan Filter Unit for clean room is a more energy efficient route than using an Air Handling Unit (AHU).
How does Fan Filter Units Work?
HEPA Fan Filter Unit for clean room is typically available in 2’ x 2’ or 2’ x 4’ size options, which is best suitable for a clean room of 500 to 1000 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute). An FFU unit can be easily fitted in the ceiling grid of the same size and dimensions. Fan Filter Unit for clean room helps in the filtering of the air.
An FFU draws the air via a motorized fan, which passes through the pre-filter and then through HEPA or ULPA filter to remove any sub-micron particles present in the air. This process helps in a continuous supply of clean and processed air supply. The Chempharm India HEPA Fan Filter Unit removes particles down to 0.3 microns at 99.995% efficiency.
An Electronically Commutated Motor or ECM is also installed with the HEPA filters, which helps in controlling HEPA speed by using electronic controls. Not only this, it also helps in monitoring HEPA filter health and sends a filter pressure drop or failure notification as well. This can also work along with a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), which can help you maintain the consistent velocity with the increase of pressure drop across the filter.
Features of Fan Filter Unit
Following are some of the primary features of using a Fan Filter Unit:
- HEPA Fan Filter Unit for clean room can be easily installed as per the change in requirement or while any maintenance activity. It does not require any additional power lines to run
- FFUs and lights can be easily added as cleanrooms requirements change, or disconnected for maintenance, without the need to run additional power lines or involve an electrician.
- We can make clean room as per any standard and class up to Class 100 / ISO 5 by using HEPA FFU. No need for any AHU or large dustings and Insulations
- Return is taken through risers and thrown back on the top of the FFU
- Cooling effect is generally using Fan coil units or ductable splits
- Best fit for Labs and pharma / electronic clean rooms
Benefits of Fan Filter Unit
Following are some of the advantages and benefits of HEPA Fan Filter Units available in India:
- A Fan Filter Unit for Clean Room helps in providing the uniform air speed across the filter face, which assists in managing a consistent clean room environment
- HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters in the FFUs are rated 99.995% efficient at removing particles ≥ 0.3 microns
- A Fan Filter Unit can run for years with no additional maintenance and still manages to provide a 24 x 7 operation to assist in clean room environment (depending on the air quality)
- The HEPA Fan Filter Units help capturing and removing several bacteria, viruses and mold spores, which gives birth to a wide variety of infections and illnesses in both humans and animals
Where to Buy Fan Filter Units in India?
Chempharm India offers the best Fan Filter Units for clean room system with total facility solution as per EU GMP/PICs (Pharmaceutical inspection Convention/U.S. FDA/W.H.O. Compliance. Not only this, the HEPA FFU comes with an ECM or Electronically Commutated Motor, which works seamlessly with an PLC or Programmable Logic Controller to control HEPA speed and velocity. Not only this, Chempharm India provides tailor made clean room systems using Fan Filter Units, which are designed keeping your requirements in mind.
How to Buy Fan Filter Units in India?
You can buy the best Fan Filter Unit for clean room available by visiting the Chempharm India official website. Chempharm India provides HEPA FFUs, which individually adapt to your requirement in your clean room system by maintaining an intelligent air flow control. FFUs will provide you continuous support in providing filtered and processed air to your clean room system.
You can buy HEPA Fan Filter Unit in no time by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official Chempharm website.
Step 2: Click on ‘Fan Filter Unit’ mentioned under the ‘Products’ tab in the menu navigation.
Step 3: You can opt to provide all the essential information and click on “Submit”. Our team will get back to you on priority to know more about your requirements.
Alternatively, you can get in touch with us directly by calling us at:
+91-9810300123 (Director Sales)
Or reach out via mail at: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FFU or Fan Filter Unit is a motorized equipment, which is used in a clean room system to help in the air filtration process. FFU HVAC systems help in supplying purified and filtered air to clean rooms, laboratories, medical facilities and more by removing harmful airborne particles. HEPA FFU units can be easily installed within the clean room system’s ceiling or floor grid.
HEPA in HEPA filter means High Efficiency Particulate Air. HEPA Filters in the Fan Filter Unit helps in air filtration as the air is forced to pass through a fine mesh, which helps trap and remove harmful airborne particles. Most of the air filters come packed with HEPA filters for the air filtration process.
FFU full form is: Fan Filter Unit. An FFU for a clean room system helps in the filtration process of the air. The air that is processed through the Fan Filter Unit for clean room is filtered through pre-filters and HEPA filters installed in the unit.